Re: [Groff] Re: groff 1.17: pre-grohtml's unsafe temporary file handling

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: groff 1.17: pre-grohtml's unsafe temporary file handling & other improvements
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 22:49:18 +0100

Hi Ralph,

> > More great work -- where do you get the time!
>
> the lull before the exam marking storm :-)

Aha!  A student!  Does that mean I'm indirectly paying for this in my
taxes?  ;-)  If so, who do I vote for based on a groff manifesto?  Oh
no, glam.ac.uk, South of the border, your paying for the privilege
yourself probably  :-(  Great domain name;  reminiscent of David Bowie
and T. Rex!

One minor point and one complete stab in the dark.

> +  if (image_dir != NULL)
> +    len =+ strlen(image_dir);
> +  if (image_template != NULL)
> +    len =+ strlen(image_template);

=+ hasn't been kosher for years, do you mean +=?

> +  if (image_template == NULL)
> +    sprintf(buffer, "%sgrohtml-%d", image_dir, (int)getpid());
> +  else
> +    sprintf(buffer, "%s%s", image_dir, image_template);
>
> -  sprintf(buffer, "grohtml-%d", (int)getpid());
>    strcat(buffer, "-%d");

I might be on dodgy ground here because I haven't looked at the rest of
the source but do you intend to strcat "%d"?  If so, because
image_template is going to be handled by a %-processing routine, then a
pathological image_template of "fifty%done" won't work very well.  But
worry about that when it bites if you like.

Ralph.