Re: Learning troff - where to start?

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: Learning troff - where to start?
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 14:59:05 -0400

> On Oct 16, 2020, at 6:49 PM, Deri <deri@chuzzlewit.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On Friday, 16 October 2020 04:23:21 BST Larry Kollar wrote:
>>> There is a version with clickable contents and index here:-
>>>
>>> https://github.com/DeriJames/UTP-1.1/raw/master/utp_book.pdf
>>
>> Oh, cool. I vaguely remember you doing that.
>>
>> Maybe we should throw our sources onto Github?
>
> Hi Larry,
>
> You will find my sources on github here:-
>
> https://github.com/DeriJames/UTP-1.1
>
> I'm very happy if you want to merge my changes with your original work and
> then upload it to
> github, I would then delete my repository. I think it is important it remains
> as your baby since my
> efforts are minor compared to all the people who did the real work.

OK, I’ve put the 1.0 sources up on GitHub:
https://github.com/larrykollar/Unix-Text-Processing

The README is a more focused version of the original index page on windstream,
and the PDF is under Releases. I made a couple typo fixes that were flagged
and patiently waiting in my inbox before uploading.

If we start in on UTP Revisited, I think we should redo the macros so Heirloom
and Neatroff users can join the fun. I hope most of it is a matter of “.ie g /
.el”
blocks.

— Larry