Re: UTP 1.1 build failure on Debian Stable

From: Deri
Subject: Re: UTP 1.1 build failure on Debian Stable
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 16:03:56 +0100

On Tuesday, 20 October 2020 14:49:22 BST Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
> Wouldn't it rather be that it is looking for a version >= 9.26,
> but failing that, just prints out that it can't find the lowest
> accepted version?
>
> I have 9.52 and my book compiles with no problems.
>
> Maybe do a reinstall of the ghostscript package?
>
> Regards,
> Morten

Since gropdf relies on the ghostscript fonts, whenever the ghostscript package
is updated by the
package maintainer then groff should be repackaged as well because the contents
of the gropdf
download file will be stale, it is only when groff is built from source that
the download file is
regenerated. The program BuildFoundries.pl, which is part of the groff build
used to be part of
the release, so you could rerun the program if the contents of download became
stale, as in this
case, but it was removed from the install after the build.

So long as groff is built after ghostscript, all should be well.

Cheers

Deri