Re: Observations using utmac

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: Observations using utmac
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 22:00:26 +1100

> It will work when using neatpost and ps2pdf. Neatpdf is great, but as
> far as I know, it does not support pdf links yet.

It doesn't have to. You can embed PDF-specific features by using PostScript's
pdfmark operator
<https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdfmark_reference.pdf>,
supported in nearly every PostScript interpreter since the conception of
PDF. The PostScript code  looks like this:

[   /Dest    /revision-note
    /Rect    [358632 -248700 361632 -239700]
    /Color   [0 0 1]
    /BS      << /S/U/W 0.1 >>
    /Subtype /Link
    /ANN     pdfmark

(It starts at `[` and ends at `pdfmark`. PostScript, being a stack-based
concatenative language, is written in reverse—operands first, operators
last).