Re: Minor update suggestion to refer(1) manpage

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: Minor update suggestion to refer(1) manpage
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 01:41:36 -0500

On 10/8/21, Oliver Corff <oliver.corff@email.de> wrote:
> It goes on and says:
>
>     The output of refer must therefore be processed using a suitable
>     macro package. The -ms and -me macros are both suitable.
>
> Mom also processes refer output, so mom should be added, I think.
> Perhaps there are more macro packages that support refer?

Commit fbfe6150 (Sep 2019,
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/groff.git/commit/?id=fbfe6150) added
mm to this list, and commit 9339aff3 (Aug 2021,
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/groff.git/commit/?id=9339aff3) added
mom.  So this is addressed in git, though not yet in a released
version of groff.

Relatedly, http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61014 proposes adding refer
support to the man macros, but there is some debate about the
advisability of this.  If you have an opinion on it, you should chime
in there.