Re: All caps .TH page title

Subject: Re: All caps .TH page title
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 14:15:27 +0200

Hi Branden and Ralph,

On 7/24/22 12:25, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Hi Branden,

Do you think I should go further and warn man page authors away from
attempting to redefine these macros in their pages?

No, I think you should go less and not change the headers and footers so
as to inspire the man-page author to correct the deviancy.  :-)

The thing is, man-pages authors shouldn't ever consider that redefining macros is their business. It's business of the distribution.

I don't think you need to document that, Branden: it should be obvious.

Writing a lot of code on top of every page to hardcode the author's preferences is insane, and I don't think we should warn against it. It's like many US' products, where they need to state for example that contact adhesives should not be used as hair products; I think that's insane. :/

Cheers,

Alex