grub-devel

Re: GRUB webpage

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: GRUB webpage
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 02:18:04 +0200

On Saturday 07 August 2004 17:18, Marco Gerards wrote:
> If someone has another suggestion to prevent confusion, please tell
> me.  As I know very little about webpages (and because of the lack of
> interest in webpages) all I will do for the GRUB webpage is updating
> the text.
>
> Okuji, can I commit this patch?

No. I don't think it will improve things very much. As I have already
said (maybe twice), the cause is the structure rather than the text
itself.

Marco, I'd like to note one thing. AFAIK, no programmer is really
interested in web pages, especially about the design. Probably this is
the nature of most programmers, since they are not technically
interesting. But web pages are still good means of assisting
development. They reduce the cost of development by directing people to
right places and they help development itself by attracting more people
to the project.

Here I don't claim that you should work on web pages, but I claim that
*someone* must work on them seriously anyway, and I myself don't want
to work on them very much, like you.

This might sound arrogant, but I really want someone but me for this
kind of work, because it does not require much knowledge about GRUB and
I do a lot of legwork for GRUB already.

Okuji