grub-devel

Re: elf substitute for nbgrub

From: Timothy Baldwin
Subject: Re: elf substitute for nbgrub
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 15:55:38 +0100

On Sunday 23 Oct 2005 09:13, Nilesh Agrawal wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to boot IBM netvista thin clients using nbgrub, but it
> says unsupported file type.

GRUB Legacy only works on PC BIOS on i386 PCs.
GRUB 2 only works on PC BIOS on i386 PCs, Openfirmware on PowerPC and RISC OS
on ARM. A Openfirmware on SPARC64 port in in progress.

As far as I can tell IBM netvista thin clients are none of those.

Furthermore GRUB 2 currently contains no network support, so only the RISC OS
port can boot an OS from a network.

> I want an elf executable which is equivalent to nbgrub (Netboot image, mode
> 2) How can i create it ??

What for? Anyhow it can be found the build directory with a filename ending in
".exec".

--
Member AFFS, WYLUG, SWP (UK), UAF, RESPECT, StWC
No to software patents!    Victory to the iraqi resistance!