grub-devel

Re: Scripting support (PATCH)

From: Vladimir Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Scripting support (PATCH)
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:46:49 +0100

Marco Gerards wrote:

I didn't know that bison had such buffer.
It doesn't. This buffer is created by lexer in my example.
And menu is always stored unparsed and parsed only just before

execution. Than editing is no problem.

I think you have to parse it immediately and both store parsed and the
unparsed code.  After editing you do the same again.

I see 2 approaches:
1) Parse menu commands right before executing
2) Parse them directly and reparse after editing.
I think 1st one is cleaner because the parser will be at the same place after editing or before

This solution is required if you want to be able to edit the complete
script instead of just the separate menu entries.  I think this is not
interesting, but if someone wants to know I can say more about this.
I think also. Because theese modifications are lost after boot they are generally modified only to boot one time an OS with specifical parameters and you don't need scripts for this. Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko