grub-devel

Re: Let core developers "vote" to accept patches.

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: Let core developers "vote" to accept patches.
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 06:14:33 -0700

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 12:37:23AM +0200, Johan Rydberg wrote:

> In other projects that I've worked on, we've used a system where the
> core developers can either give a +1 or a -1 on a contributed patch.
> If a patch receives two +1's or more, it is accepted (if there are no
> -1's) and committed by one of the developers.

Do the core devs and maintainers not feel empowered to just commit the
patch if they would otherwise +1 it?  It seems like grub is a
sufficiently small project that moves sufficiently slowly that rolling
back a contentious patch would be easier than any sort of beaurocratic
overhead.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
I do not agree with a word you say, but I will defend to the death your
right to say it.