grub-devel

Re: Does grub2 support background image?

From: kf-grb
Subject: Re: Does grub2 support background image?
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 02:22:16 -0500

> hi,all
>
> Will grub2 support backgroud image under the terminal gfxterm?
> I think it feels much better if grub2 can support something like
> grub legacy 's splashimage.

Hello all, I'm new to the group & a non-programmer.

Whatever grub2 can support for those who need it and feel
good about is fine for them. I for one prefer to keep
anything related to booting as simple and as bulletproof
as possible.

My request is that the rudimentary KISS mechanisms remain
definitely (if optionally) available. I would even propose
that the simplest possible method always be the default one.