grub-devel

Re: Xen vs. GRUB

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: Xen vs. GRUB
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 19:35:08 +0100

Hi,

Thomas Schwinge, le Wed 03 Jan 2007 13:09:25 +0100, a écrit :
> Is there a consensus that GRUB (or rather GRUB2) should be ported to
> allow them to run in a Xen environment?

I'm not sure grub on Xen would be so useful, since people usually choose
their operating system and parameters directly from Xen configuration
files.  And I actually already contacted Xen people, and they agree that
adding a multiboot-like module abstraction to Xen won't be hard and
would be useful.

Well...  Why not.

Samuel