grub-devel

Re: Compile Grub2 in pure 64 bits ?

From: Ghotcom
Subject: Re: Compile Grub2 in pure 64 bits ?
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 15:32:24 +0000

Re,

well, there isn t much more in config.log. anyhow, from what I understand I won t go anywhere with Grub and pure 64 bits ? So maybe I should just rebuild my toolchain with multilib support ?

Regards

2007/11/2, Pavel Roskin <address@hidden>:

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 14:34 +0000, Ghotcom wrote:
> Hello folks!
>
> I m trying to build Grub2 using a pure 64 bits compilation toolchain,
> and it doesn t seem to work; i m getting this error in 'configure' :
> neither start nor _start has been defined...(sort of).
>
> Does someone know what the problem here is about ?

GRUB needs a 32-bit compiler, so it adds -m32 to force 32-bit
compilation.  Checking for "start" and "_start" is the first test that
involves linking.  I understand that you don't have 32-bit libraries
installed, so it's the first test that fails.  See config.log, it should
have the details.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin