grub-devel

Re: Outline menu

From: Markus Elfring
Subject: Re: Outline menu
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 08:50:23 +0100

> I do not fancy XML for the boot loader... and I do not see a need to yet
> another configuration file format for menus. We already have menu
> command that can be used to build menus. Perhaps you can convince me
> otherwise?

I imagine that GRUB can become so flexible that it can be specified which data
formats should be parsed. If the target boot environment has not got enough
resources for XML and XSLT processing, an customised configuration file format
must be used to specify the required menu attributes. Do you know any other
standard file format for outlines that might be more resource-friendly?

Regards,
Markus