grub-devel

Re: Outline menu

From: Markus Elfring
Subject: Re: Outline menu
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 20:00:43 +0100

> And what is wrong with current config file?
> http://grub.enbug.org/grub.cfg

How much documentation is available for this domain-specific language?
Does a grammar exist for the data format?
http://grub.enbug.org/Subprojects/GraphicalMenu

I imagine that additional attributes will be needed.
- Identifier: optional alphanumeric key
- Parent: index number or menu identifier

I hope that it can be avoided to reinvent a wheel. How much features would you
like to copy from OML or OPML?

> You can read my idea of visual layout from "Layout testing for graphical
> menu" in mailing list archive:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2007-10/msg00103.html

How much will a browser depend on an operating system?
How near will a boot environment come to OS functionality?

Regards,
Markus