grub-devel

Re: [non-finalised patch] reiserfs handling

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [non-finalised patch] reiserfs handling
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 23:22:39 +0100

On Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 12:51:35PM +0100, Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
> On Sunday 14 October 2007 15:56, Vincent Pelletier wrote:
> > Attached is my work on reiserfs handling.
>
> Has anybody tried his patch? If you have reiserfs, please test it and let me
> know the result. I am willing to clean up his patch and commit it.

I installed a pristine Debian etch with reiserfs to test, and get "unaligned
pointer" error followed by grub_abort().

However, if it works for simple test cases I think it'd still be a good idea
to clean it up and check it in.  This would encourage other people to debug
and improve it.

--
Robert Millan

(as seen on /.)