grub-devel

Re: Debian Packaging

From: Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd
Subject: Re: Debian Packaging
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:26:13 +1300

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 23:13 +0100, Robert Millan wrote:

> > > What git repo?
> > >

> > The one Pavel setup at:
> >     http://repo.or.cz/w/grub2.git
> > (that's the project's web page, see it for download instructions)
>
> That's a mirror of our CVS, right?  You mean that you want me to add the
> debian
> stuff to CVS, or... ?

Hopefully Pavel can enlighten us on how  this relates to CVS.  I thought
everything was/had moved to git.  I assume that if youa dd it to CVS
then it will be magically replicated in the git repository

> I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with git.  I know it supports strange branching
> stuff but that's about it :-)

For debian there is also cool tools like git-buildpackage which runs the
dbuild process straight out of the git tree and git-dch for updating the
changelog with the comments out of gits commit logs.  Definitely worth a
play.

--
Daniel Reurich

Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Limited.
Ph: 021 797 722