grub-devel

Re: ata.mod hangs (Re: Some grub2 problems/questions)

From: walt
Subject: Re: ata.mod hangs (Re: Some grub2 problems/questions)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:10:24 -0800

Robert Millan wrote:
On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 04:14:38PM -0800, walt wrote:
I'm happy to report that the ata module no longer hangs as I described
above.  I'm guessing (just a guess) that this commit fixed it:

2008-01-10  Robert Millan<address@hidden>
     * kern/device.c (grub_device_iterate): Do not abort device iteration
       when one of the devices cannot be opened.

That's strange.  Can you confirm it?  (by testing the revisions in CVS
inmediately before and after this commit)

You were right to be suspicious :o(  I have two almost identical machines
on a KVM switch and I was confused about which machine I was using.  When
I'm wide awake that doesn't happen.  Sorry for the false report.