grub-devel

Re: grub-probe gets a segfault

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: grub-probe gets a segfault
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 16:56:28 -0400

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 12:13 -0430, Isaac M. Marcos wrote:

> > Neither could I :-(
>
> It does not happen in other two AMD64 machines here!!
> Only on this one.

That confirms my suspicion that the problem is not related to any x86_64
issues.

I checked the bug history more carefully, and I think that rlocn->offset
may be correct.  92672 is 0x16a00, which is a nice rounded number.

If q is out of bounds, it probably means that mda_size was less than
0x16a00.  Could you please print mda_size in the debugger?

Also, pvck should display the metadata size.  Please run this:

pvck /dev/sda6

What's the metadata size?  It is the same as mda_size should by gdb?

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin