grub-devel

grub-probe detects ext4 wronly as ext2

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: grub-probe detects ext4 wronly as ext2
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:11:56 +0200

Hello,

I reported this already on Debian as #488235

grub-probe -t fs shows ext2 for a filesystem created with e2fsprogs 1.41WIP from Debian experimental
with extent and flex_bg
I didn't get grub-probe working with the loopback device even though I added it to device.map it still complained. The attached image is a 10 mb ext4 made with mkfs.ext4 without any special options just the extent and flex_bg features enabled by mke2fs.conf If I make that on a 100 MB Disk in VMware grub-probe -t fs shows ext2 so I think it shouldn't be different on that 10 MB file