grub-devel

Re: Next release?

From: chaac
Subject: Re: Next release?
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 03:22:39 +0300 (EEST)

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" address@hidden kirjoitti:
I think we have seen tons of examples with GRUB Legacy which may not be solved automatically in all cases. If one digs into the archive of bug-grub, I guess several cases would be found easily. With GRUB 2, we can avoid embedding BIOS drive numbers in many cases, using UUIDs or labels or files. But this does not always work, so I am afraid that we need to support device.map, even if it is an evil necessity.

Hi All,

Why not put those use cases that we want to support (eg. we are prepared for or
otherwise are aware of) to wiki so we all can see the cases, we do not forget
them, and it is easier to talk about them.

In those use cases there should be good details of hardware/bios/partition/os
configuration.

Thanks,
Vesa Jääskeläinen