grub-devel

Re: grub-probe detects ext4 wronly as ext2

From: Javier Martín
Subject: Re: grub-probe detects ext4 wronly as ext2
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 14:08:58 +0100

El mié, 04-02-2009 a las 08:41 +0100, Felix Zielcke escribió:
> Am Montag, den 11.08.2008, 16:14 +0200 schrieb Javier Martín:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > After reading Felix's reply I've once again found your post and
> > implemented your request, so here is a new version of the patch
> > ("version 6"). Sorry for missing your message in the first instance...
> > u_u
>
> I'd like to bring this up again.
> Now with that journal_dev bug (See [0] or [1]) it would be really nice
> to have this commited.
>
> [0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2009-02/msg00018.html
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=502333

Well, I am happy to post a diff of the patch against current SVN head
(r1973). I have personally confirmed (in a VM) that it:
1) Still builds (and even runs! ^^)
2) Works with existing ext2/3 file systems (I haven't checked ext4 FSs
but the "extents" bit is marked as supported, so it should work)
3) Correctly rejects journal devices, which will then appear as "unknown
filesystem" when accessed.