grub-devel

Re: A _good_ and valid use for TPM

From: phcoder
Subject: Re: A _good_ and valid use for TPM
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:27:28 +0100

Free software is about freedom of choice. I think we should have possibility to have multiple authentication and key sources. Then one could e.g. not save password as md5 somewhere in configfile or embedded in module but check that this password opens luks. Or that it's a password of somebody in wheel group basing on /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow and /etc/group. In this case tpm-keyretrieve module may be developed outside of main trunk and if someone wants it he can download it
Regards
Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko