grub-devel

Re: grub-0.97/btrfs: the files fsys_btrfs.c, btrfs.h

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: grub-0.97/btrfs: the files fsys_btrfs.c, btrfs.h
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 18:14:17 +0200

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 08:40:47PM +0200, Edward Shishkin wrote:
>>> Anyway, nice to see that you work on btrfs for grub.
>>> But grub-legacy is totally dead now, it would be better if you would put
>>> your efforts into grub2.
>>>

> Mm.. I am not an individual contributor.
> I work for RHEL and Fedora, which is on grub-0.97 for now..

Hi Edward,

GRUB Legacy is free software, and we're glad that it is useful to RHEL and
Fedora, but please understand that it is not currently supported by us.  It'd
be in Red Hat's best interest to contemplate a transition to GRUB 2, which is
where the development effort is moving towards nowadays.

Debian and Ubuntu have already committed to this goal.

--
Robert Millan