grub-devel

Re: TPM support status ?

From: Michael Gorven
Subject: Re: TPM support status ?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:33:37 +0200

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:27:59PM +0200, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
Since we're going to say no anyway, there's no reason to do it later.  The
longer we wait the stronger they'll be, and the more difficult for us to
reject their unreasonable demands.

Because there are valid use cases that aren't about restricting the owner's
freedom.
Yes but the cost is too high. And few people who really need high
security can afford coreboot motherboard.

Your coreboot solution isn't really feasible. The flashed BIOS would contain a checksum of the bootloader, which means that you can't change the bootloader once the BIOS is flashed. Since the bootloader contains a checksum of the kernel, you can't change the kernel either.

-- http://michael.gorven.za.net/
PGP Key ID 6612FE85
S/MIME Key ID AAF09E0E