grub-devel

Re: grub-mkconfig fails on every non i386-pc because of gfxterm/vbe

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: grub-mkconfig fails on every non i386-pc because of gfxterm/vbe
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:35:12 +0200

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 01:03:21PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 10:22:49AM +0200, Felix Zielcke wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 20.08.2009, 18:18 -0400 schrieb Pavel Roskin:
> > >
> > > Fine with me.   Just please don't rely on existence of modules.
> >
> > Here's now a patch which moves the check for vbe.mod from 00_header to
> > grub-mkconfig and enables gfxterm if it's found.
>
> Just a min, I think Pavel's concern about reliing on existence of modules was
> resolved with this commit:
>
> 2009-08-21  Pavel Roskin  <address@hidden>
>
>         * Makefile.in (install-local): When checking if a file is in the
>         build directory, use "test -e" to detect symlinks.
>
>         * Makefile.in (install-local): Remove all files in
>         $(DESTDIR)$(pkglibdir) before installing new files there.
>
> Pavel, if you could confirm that you're ok with checking for module
> existance, maybe Felix' patch can be made simpler.

I checked Felix' patch, which checks for module existance, and I
believe that there's currently no problem with it.  This is based on
private conversation with Pavel, which led to the commit I'm quoting
in this mail (see above).

Felix, please go ahead and commit it.  I don't think there's anything
wrong, but if there is we can still fix it afterwards.

--
Robert Millan