grub-devel

Re: Build GRUB for UEFI (not EFI), 64 bit

From: Arne Schwabe
Subject: Re: Build GRUB for UEFI (not EFI), 64 bit
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 10:55:01 +0100

Am 01.02.10 15:05, schrieb Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko:
> Arne Schwabe wrote:
>
>> Am 01.02.10 08:00, schrieb address@hidden:
>>

>>> Hello everybody.
>>>
>>> I am currently trying to build grub for UEFI (I got new modern Intel
>>> motherboard that support boot loading).
>>>

>> I am curios which one. I have a DP55WG and I did not get UEFI + Linux
>> working. UEFI + Windows 7 on the other hand works fine. The EFI Shell
>> also works fine.
>>

>>> According to the grub manual, I use
>>>
>>> ./configure --with-platform=efi --target=x86_64
>>> make
>>> ./grub-mkimage -d- -o bootx64.efi modules_list
>>>
>>> and try to load from it. it does not work! The computer just restarts when
>>> running it, in the beginning.
>>>

>> That happens for me with elilo. Grub2 lilo just says that relocating is
>> not supported (or something similar)$
>>

> you probably need newreloc branch.

Okay, tried that out too. Did not work well either.

When I give kernel arguments grub says:

Anomaly in region alocations detected. Simultaneous relocators?
Boot aborted. Press any key to exit.

Screenshot: plai.de/grub1.jpg

If I do not supply kernel arguments, it may boot or not:

>boot
error: no suitable mode found
Booting however
error: no video mode activated

But without video and the kernel not mouting the filesystem (so no
remote) it is hard to tell.

Arne