grub-devel

Re: How to prepare an ISO 9660 CD for booting via GRUB ?

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: How to prepare an ISO 9660 CD for booting via GRUB ?
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 16:15:49 +0200

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>> The urge to upgrade might earn you a whining user.
>>>
>> Well, if you develop you have to use current version (IMO).
>>

> Sure. As long as i occupy your time i will follow
> your proposals.
>
> Nevertheless, at some point i will have to look
> at older versions. After all, 1.96 is distributed
> with the current Debian release.
> Hopefully i will know enough then to help myself
> on the first hand.

The point is basically that even if you release 1.96 support right now
it won't make it into distributions before GRUB 1.98 does.
Additionally you must be aware that we don't accept bug reports for 1.96
anymore (and it had enough of bugs). So I would like to ask not to make
this support. At very least it will save you and me few bug reports for
version we don't support.