grub-devel

Re: Migrations to xorriso

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: Migrations to xorriso
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 21:45:34 +0200

Hi,

reviewing my grub-mkrescue 1.98 test script
i see these options which will cause the files
in /boot to have low block addresses:

   xorriso ... -as mkisofs ... \
   --sort-weight 0 / --sort-weight 1 /boot \

The boot catalog gets a low LBA by default.

I remember Vladimir mentioned that some BIOSes
need low addresses.
So probably one should add these options to
grub-mkrescue.in.

Vladimir Serbinenko wrote:
> @Thomas: grub-mkisofs was partially translated. Could you look into
> reusing translation strings for xorriso?

Currently there is no internationalization in
xorriso. I would probably need some advise and
an interested translator to make it ready for
that.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas