grub-devel

Re: boot/i386/pc/startup_raw.S:115: Error: attempt to move .org backward

From: Jeff Chua
Subject: Re: boot/i386/pc/startup_raw.S:115: Error: attempt to move .org backwards
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 01:40:51 +0800

2011/11/18 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden>:

> have you cleaned your tree with bzr clean-tree --ignored and rerun
> ./autogen.sh ?

Vladimir,

Just removed and do a clean download from
http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub/trunk/grub and run autogen.sh and
configure and ended up getting stuck at "Loading GRUB".

Tried "grub-emu" and it runs fine, but on "real" pc, it doesn't run.

If I replace the whole grub-core directory with those from Nov 14, it
works ok, and I see quite a few changes in there after Nov 14.

Thanks,
Jeff