grub-devel

Re: [RFC] Moving from Bazaar (bzr) to git

From: Keshav Padram
Subject: Re: [RFC] Moving from Bazaar (bzr) to git
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 00:09:31 +0530

On 22 June 2013 23:30, Paul Menzel <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear GRUB folks,

this is *not* the start of a flame war about what VCS is the best.

Hopefully everyone will agree, that git is the most popular one in the
FOSS world (Linux, freedesktop.org, GNOME, KDE, …) and a lot of people
are now familiar with the basic git commands. So using Bazaar is one
more thing to deal with for new contributors before making a
contribution to GRUB. (I know there is git-bzr-ng, but it is still one
more step.)

Talking to Vladimir and Colin in #grub, they did not oppose a migration
to git and Vladimir asked me to bring it up on the list.

Does anyone have experience with such a move and how to do it on
Savannah? Could you please share these? That would be great.

I don't have an idea how to do it in Savannah. But you can also use git-remote-bzr ( http://felipec.wordpress.com/2012/11/13/git-remote-hg-bzr-2/ ) apart from git-bzr-ng to checkout bzr repo via git. git-remote-bzr is part of git contrib scripts and is already shipped as part of git pkg in many distros (/usr/share/git/remote-helpers/git-remote-bzr in Arch Linux). I currently use grub bzr via git-remote-bzr.

Thanks,

Paul