grub-devel

Re: ctz[sd]i2

From: Leif Lindholm
Subject: Re: ctz[sd]i2
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:50:21 +0100

Hi Vladimir,

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 04:41:46PM +0100, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
wrote:
> Hello, I've seen that you had problems with ctzdi2. Attached patch may help

Thank you.

I've had problems similar to the ones I used to have with __clear_cache
on 32-bit ARM, in that the linker pulled in a libgcc function valid
only when running under Linux.

Since I was not actually using the function, I simply added an empty
dummy one - but having a proper implementation is obviously preferable.

I have been stupidly busy and off sick for the past couple of weeks, so
I have not completed the arm64 Linux loader. Should I simply clean up
what I have (minus the loader) and submit?

Regards,

Leif