grub-devel

Re: grub2 code

From: SevenBits
Subject: Re: grub2 code
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 19:41:01 -0500

On Sunday, February 2, 2014, Robert Parnell <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi

I was just looking at the grub2 source code and saw that
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/trusty/grub2/trusty/view/head:/TODO
<https://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-branches/ubuntu/trusty/grub2/trusty/view/head:/TODO>
says to contact with questions.
I was looking at the source because I encountered a bug on my machine
that has been previously reported
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/1027694) and
thought I'd have a look to see if I could find the problem.
So I have 2 questions:
1. Is the code on launchpad the up to date code?

That is probably maintained by the Ubuntu people, so I'd consult them. This list is generally for general and not distribution specific code since every distro can potentially use their own modified copies of GRUB.

2. Line 177 of
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/trusty/grub2/trusty/view/head:/grub-core/boot/i386/pc/startup_raw.S
<https://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-branches/ubuntu/trusty/grub2/trusty/view/head:/grub-core/boot/i386/pc/startup_raw.S>
is a function that flushes the keyboard buffer, could this be what is
causing the bug?

Sorry if 2 seems like a stupid question- I've never looked at the grub
source code before.

Thanks

Rob