grub-devel

Re: Probing misjudges ext2 partition as fat.

From: Andreas Krüger
Subject: Re: Probing misjudges ext2 partition as fat.
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 08:56:26 +0200

> Unfortunately you destroyed any possibility to investigate it further.
> You should at least have saved beginning of partition.

I should have, yes.  Please kindly accept my apologies!

On the other hand, I did nothing to destroy the grub source code.

So I hope it is still possible to investigate grub's fs-probing code
for weaknesses.

(My personal guess and speculation is, if legitimate grub
developers don't do this analysis, less well-intentioned people
will happily do the job.)