grub-devel

Re: cbfsdisk not found

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: cbfsdisk not found
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 16:46:04 +0300

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Gailu Singh <address@hidden> wrote:
> @Vladimir
> I do not have serial console (board has memory mapped uart not support in
> grub) to capture memory details. Also on graphics console I can not give
> commands from usb keyboard to  dump memory because USB port on board are 3.0
> and USB 3.0 is not supported in Grub. Any other thing I could try?
>
> @Andrei
> What is the expected address supposed to be printed for successful
> identification of CBFS.

GRUB reads 4 bytes at offset 0xffffffc0. All ones likely means that
this address simply is not valid.

According to
https://github.com/mrnuke/coreboot/blob/master/documentation/cbfs.txt,
"A pointer to the location of the header will be located at offset -4
from the end of the ROM. This translates to address 0xFFFFFFFC on a
normal x86 system." Any chance ROM is mapped somewhere else in your
case?