grub-devel

Fwd: PCIe communication at linux command in grub-core/loader/i386/linux.

From: Arindam Khan
Subject: Fwd: PCIe communication at linux command in grub-core/loader/i386/linux.c
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2017 09:53:46 +0530

Begin forwarded message:

From: Arindam Khan <address@hidden>
Date: 2 September 2017 at 09:48:40 IST

Hi,

  I have a PCIe 4x card in PCIe slots, which does a communication to card, before “linux” command is loaded. I had an implementation of PCIe communication which perfectly works for BIOS based system. However, when i configure he GRUB2 for EFI system and install it, the same communication to PCIe board does not occur. It is not able to read/write BAR2 address and giving communication error.

I have following questions in this regard -
a) Is any changes in GRUB2 for UEFi system for PCIe communication
b) TLP packet generated for PCIe communication uses 32-bit or 64-bit address?. Because BIOS uses 32-bit address only for PCIe TLP.

with regards,
Arindam