grub-devel

Re: grub-mkrescue: Problem with MBR partition table at start of EFI part

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: grub-mkrescue: Problem with MBR partition table at start of EFI partition
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 21:29:24 +0200

Hi,

Vladimir Serbinenko wrote:
> Nope. An artefact of mformat that we don't really want. I just didn't know
> about -k (or maybe it didn't exist back then)

> > 2: Is there any use for the information which mformat does not insert
> >    if option -k is set ?

> Probably no

So how about adding "-k" to

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/tree/util/grub-mkrescue.c#n812

  rv = grub_util_exec ((const char * []) { "mformat", "-C", "-f", "2880", "-L",
        efiimgfat, "::", NULL });

and waiting for some EFI that will take offense ?
(Then at least we know why we need more than what -k gives.)

For now we have one old Macbook firmware which likes it.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas