grub-devel

Re: Tools for testing Grub / Go OpenPGP compatibility

From: Daniel Axtens
Subject: Re: Tools for testing Grub / Go OpenPGP compatibility
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 13:05:17 +1000

Charles Duffy <charles@dyfis.net> writes:

> On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 11:42 PM Daniel Axtens <dja@axtens.net> wrote:
>
>> My team has been working on the verifier area to support appended
>> signatures (used to sign Linux kernel modules, and on at least powerpc64
>> also used to sign the kernel), so I have some familiarity with the
>> area. Where would I find the original patch?
>>

> Thank you!
>
> The most recent version I'm aware of is
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2016-11/msg00073.html,
> from November 18, 2016. An earlier version can also be found at
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2016-03/msg00298.html (March
> 30, 2016). The version the test suite uses for its "grub_202_patched" build
> is at
> https://github.com/charles-dyfis-net/grub-openpgp-compat-test/blob/master/pkgs/grub_2.02/openpgp-hashed-keyid-subpacket.patch,
> but since I did some repair to square it against the final grub 2.02
> release it's not Ignat's original work.

Thanks. I have used your one on github and rebased it onto master. It
was painful but not stupendously so, although my experience is doing a
lot of linux kernel backports so I have a very high bar.

I'm posting it to the list now. I will need to see a copy of your patch
with an appropriate Signed-off-by before I can add my Signed-off-by, per
the DCO rules, and I imagine it'll also be in need of some cleanup too.

Regards,
Daniel