grub-devel

Funding for OSS security improvements by Google

From: Paul Menzel
Subject: Funding for OSS security improvements by Google
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 11:06:27 +0200

Dear GRUB folks,

From *Announcing updates to our Patch Rewards program in 2020 * [1]:

Projects in scope

Any open source project can be nominated for support. When selecting
projects, the panel will put an emphasis on projects that either are
vital to the health of the Internet or are end-user projects with a
large user base.

What do we expect in return?

We expect to see security improvements to open source software.
Ideally, the project can provide us with a short blurb or pointers to
some of the completed work that was possible because of our support.
We don’t want to add bureaucracy, but would like to measure the
success of the program.

GRUB is widely used. Maybe some individuals and organizations working on GRUB could be paid for some of their great GRUB work they are doing.

Kind regards,

Paul

[1]: https://security.googleblog.com/2019/12/announcing-updates-to-our-patch-rewards.html