grub-devel

Suggestion for grub beep notification

From: Nick F
Subject: Suggestion for grub beep notification
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 16:41:21 +1000

Hi guys,

I am using grub to book a dual OS computer. When I start/restart the computer, I want to be notified by a beep, so I can make the OS selection. I enabled the beep by uncommenting the line GRUB_INIT_TUNE in /etc/default/grub but the beep comes up a few seconds before the grub  menu is displayed. While this is not a big issue, is it possible to change some configuration so that the beep happens after the start menu is displayed? It doesn't make much sense to me to have a beep then look at the black screen for five seconds or more before I can make a selection.
 I use OpenSuse Leap 15.4 in case it matters.

Kind regards,
Nicolae