gtick-devel

[Gtick-devel] gtick-0.2.9 release

From: Roland Stigge
Subject: [Gtick-devel] gtick-0.2.9 release
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:58:11 +0100

Hi,

the new version is available at http://www.antcom.de/gtick/. This is a
release with major features added. Have a look at the changelog entry:

gtick 0.2.9, 2003-12-08, Roland Stigge <address@hidden>
        * Added shortcuts: Start/Stop (^S), Speed (^+,^-), Meter (^1 ... ^9)
        * Made BPM range configurable
        * Improved debug output
        * Fixed src/dsp.c to release dsp device if mixer is not supported
        * Added "Accent Table" to enable more flexible meters, e.g. 3 + 4
        * Added Attack Padding for accents
        * Added a Visual Tick
        * Added ./configure option --with-sndfile, i.e. it must be specified
          explicitly to enable reading sounds from files

Especially, check out the "Accent Table" and "Visual Tick" options from
the "Options" menu.

Originally, I intended to add ALSA support. But since for historical
reasons, GTick has got a volume control and therefore needs mixer
interaction, I dropped this from the above list.

ALSA version 1.0 doesn't seem to carry along a good mixer interface for
our purposes. If you want to become involved here, see

bye,
  Roland