gtick-devel

[Gtick-devel] Thanks! & Keybindings?

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: [Gtick-devel] Thanks! & Keybindings?
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 21:12:10 -0600

First of all I want to thank the makers of gtick. It is an awesome metronome. I
use it everyday in both my teaching and in my practice. One thing that I want
to know is if
there are any simple keybindings.  I like when a slider is selected I can hit
up and down arrow to increase or decrease the speed. I wish though that there
were keybindings
(if there isn't already) that would increase and decrease the speed by say like
10 or so. I also thought key bindings to reduce the speed in half or multiply
it by two.

I was teaching a student today and she was having trouble with a 16th notes
passage. I set gtick to click the 16th notes. It would be nice to be able to
hit a key that would
reduce this speed in half so that gtick would click eigths for the same
passage. Then anouther click of the same key would reduce the speed in half
again bring her to quarter
notes. The opposite is usefull also. If she is having trouble with the 16th
notes that I can quickly hit a key that doubles the speed so she can play with
eight or sixteenth
notes clicks.

Here the binding I may suggest if I may be so bold:
Up arrow increase the speed by 10 or 16 or so
Shift + Up arrow increase the speed by 2
Down arrow decreases by 10 or 16 ......

Double the speed can be bound to say page up or Shift or Ctrl-D or something.

What do you guys think? Would that be something very hard to do? I like the
look of Gtk over qt but it seems qt apps usually have more keybindings. Is that
(to be able to
easily add keybindings) a feature of the libraries?

Thanks,
Jeremiah