guile-devel-internal

Re: Stable branch release manager for Guile

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: Stable branch release manager for Guile
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 09:23:51 +0100 (MET)

On 19 Mar 2001, Rob Browning wrote:

> To some extent I'm also concerned about the mechanics, how I should
> handle a patch that should go into a stable release *and* into the
> unstable branch when it's not already there.  Should I submit it to
> bug-guile, commit it to CVS myself, or what?

I'd say, you should simply commit it to CVS yourself.  But, the same
question applies the other way around:  If someone else fixes some bug in
the development version, it may well be that this is something that should
also be fixed in the stable branch.  Maybe we should make it a policy that
not only bug-reports, but also bug-fixes (i. e. even those for which there
was no bug report) are mailed to bug-guile.

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann