Re: Errors in the Guile web pages

From: thi
Subject: Re: Errors in the Guile web pages
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:05:40 -0700

   From: Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden>
   Date: 26 Sep 2000 13:51:00 +0200

   Bug fixes to the Guile pages should go through Guile people.  We
   can't expect `webmasters' to know which patches to apply and which
   not, and whether some change should be done in a different way.

   Therefore, web page bug reports and patches should go to `bug-guile'.
   If the volume becomes disturbing, we'll create a new list.

   (There is a web page maintainer list as well, but it's probably
   better to collect bug reports separately.  This makes it easier to
   deal with the bugs.)

for webpage issues, it is better to send to a more general place in case
the fix is of a more general nature.  guile webmasters are on the
webmasters alias and can take ownership of guile-specific items in any
case.  this is how it works for all other pages hosted on www.gnu.org.
this scheme also benefits bug reporters; they don't need to remember so
many addresses.

thi