quality of service

From: Jim Blandy
Subject: quality of service
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:53:50 -0500

There's a debate going on in the GDB group about the reliability of
sources.redhat.com vs. gnu.org.  It occurred to me that the Guile
group would be in a good position to offer perspective on this
question, having just switched from one service to the other.

Could folks please reply --- to me only, not the list --- with their
perceptions of the relative reliability of sources.redhat.com and
gnu.org?  If you mention failures and outages, it would be great if
you could provide specific details --- dates, copies of messages sent
to maintainers, etc.