guile: obsoleting /cvs

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: guile: obsoleting /cvs
Date: 03 Dec 2001 18:22:48 +0100

Hi,

it used to be possible to check out Guile from two different CVS
locations.  One of them is going to be removed, so please make sure
that you are only using the one that will remain.

Details are below.

If you have write access to the repository, please tell me when you
have made the move.  Also tell me when you don't need to change
anything, so that I know when everybody is 'clean'.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: guile: obsoleting /cvs Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 17:56:51 +0100
        Hi,

        You receive this mail because you are a member of the
http://savannah.gnu.org/project/guile. Please read it carefully, we
need your help.

        Dry summary:

        . Make sure everyone in the project is using /cvsroot/guile instead
          of /cvs
        . Make sure anonymous checkout information in your project pages
          instruct people to use /cvsroot/guile and not /cvs
        . Detailed instructions for CVS checkout on /cvsroot/guile
          http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=39
        . When done send a mail to address@hidden
        . We will remove guile from /cvs

        Long version:

        Could you please check with your co-developers on the guile
package that you are not using the /cvs repository anymore ? That would
allow us to remove this historical compatibility.

        You can check this with

        cat CVS/Root

        in the checked out source tree.  If it prints

        subversions.gnu.org:/cvs

        you are still using the /cvs repository

        if it prints

        subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/guile

        you are not using the /cvs repository anymore.

        Once you've made sure none of your co-developers is using it,
please ask one of your co-developers to send a mail to address@hidden
so that we can remove the entry for guile in the /cvs repository.

        If you are still using the /cvs repository, the easiest way
to switch to the new is to follow the instructions printed at

        http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=39

        and do a fresh checkout of the whole tree.

        If this method is inconvenient for some reason and you are
familiar with CVS, you can substitute /cvs with /cvsroot/guile
in all the CVS/Root files of your current checkout. We do not advise
you to do this if you don't understand exactly what it means.

        You should also make sure that your project pages instruct
people to use /cvsroot/guile to do an anonymous checkout instead
of /cvs since it will stop to work.

        Keeping the old repository for ever is possible in theory. But
it is a source of confusion from time to time and we would very much
appreciate your help in getting rid of it.

        Thank you for your assistance,

        The CVS hackers and Savannah maintainers.

--- End Message ---