Re: Release 1.6 critical TODO items.

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Release 1.6 critical TODO items.
Date: 03 Feb 2002 22:41:59 +0100

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, so how smart does pssyntax's gentemp need to be?  Does it just
> need to generate a unique set of symbols across all calls to gentemp,

Yes.

> or do they need to be unique with respect to the current contents of
> the symbol table (as I believe gentemp used to be?).

gentemp created symbols that were unique in a given obarray, which had
not much to do with the global hash table that holds all (interned)
symbols.  when you had no other use for the obarray, using gentemp
with a specific obarray was equivalent to using a specific prefix.

> > I will add a NEWS entry.
>
> That sounds great.

Ach, that's nothing!  :-)

Seriously, I feel a bit bad about not spending that much time with
Guile lately.