Re: memory.text

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: memory.text
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 01:25:08 +0100 (MET)

On 16 Dec 2001, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> > > Yeah, why not.
> >
> > Then, I believe to have an even better suggestion:  scm_cell and
> > scm_double_cell.  Fits nicely with scm_string, scm_vector etc.
>
> Ok.  Do you think the change is still young enough to change it again?
> If so, please go ahead. ;)

Done!  However, there's something that should be noted here:  The name
scm_cell was used for Guile's basic cell datatype.  According to our new
naming scheme for data types, this should already have been renamed to
scm_t_cell, but it was forgotten at that time.  Maybe it would be a good
idea to rename it in the stable branch and deprecate the old name
there, before the release is made?  (I don't know whether such a change is
still OK for the stable branch.)

Best regards
Dirk Herrmann