Re: address@hidden: dynamic loading of native code modules]

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: address@hidden: dynamic loading of native code modules]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 00:25:22 -0500

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> you should write down your good idea under workbook/ so that it can be
> refined w/ input from all stakeholders (notably the users!).  keeping it
> a secret doesn't help.  delaying "discussion" (which is lost in the spam
> ridden archives) is not recommended.

With the time I have for guile between now and next Monday, what I
actually *will* be doing is trying to finish up my two release
critical bugs, and checking the other release critical bugs.  If I'm
finished with my bugs by Monday, and if I haven't heard anything else
with respect to the remaining release critical issues from anyone else
by then, I'm planning to handle those remaining issues myself.
Without further input, this will result in them being moved to
"Eventually" since I'll presume that no one disagreed with my
assesment in the last "Items blocking release 1.6.1" email.  After all
that I will release the next guile unstable beta.

Then, if no serious, agreed upon bugs or todo items crop up within a
week of *that* release, I will release 1.6.1.

During this process, if I have time, I may also integrate my release
management proposals into the more permanent workbook docs.

*After* the stable release I will get to other guile related items
that are on my more general to do list, a list which includes plenty
of non-guile, real-life items as well.  The guile items on that list
already included: working on the versioning issue (discussion,
documentation, and implementation) and revising various things in
workbook/.

BTW: have you read workbook/bugs/versioning-of-extensions?  It's not
nearly complete, but it's what I've had time to write down as yet.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu