Re: Are Matrix extension for Guile and FFTW part of Guile?

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: Are Matrix extension for Guile and FFTW part of Guile?
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 19:52:19 +0100

Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> writes:

> Mikael Djurfeldt recently asked reclassification of the projects "FFTW
> bindings for Guile" and "Matrix extension for Guile" to the GNU
> category on Savannah, as they were in the non-GNU category.
>
> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/guile-fftw/
> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/guile-matrix/
>
> The main reason was the fact that thoses extensions are Guile
> extension. I understood that it was official Guile extension, official
> part of the Guile project, and so, official part of the GNU project.
>
> Today, someone noticed that we are absolutely not sure that thoses
> extensions are subprojects of the Guile project.
>
> So the question is : are thoses extensions part of the Guile project,
> and so should remains as GNU, or is it a misunderstanding and should
> they be, one more time, reclassified?

guile-fftw and guile-matrix are projects initiated by me and are not
officially parts of Guile.  I have never claimed that they are before
this message.

But, guile-fftw and guile-matrix are extensions to Guile and since
I've assigned copyright to the FSF for all extensions to Guile which I
write, I don't see why there should be any problem in denoting them as
GNU projects.  What more than that is required?

If it is necessary for legal reasons I hereby, as an official Guile
developer, declare guile-fftw and guile-matrix to be official parts
of the Guile project.

Mikael Djurfeldt